This exercise is called ‘doors open and doors closed’ exercise. 🚪
It will help you realize that the end of something good can also mean the beginning of something great.
Here’s what to do:
Think about a time in your life when someone rejected you or you missed out on something important or when a big plan collapsed. These would be points in your life where a door closed.
Now think about what happened after? What would have never happened if the first door didn’t close?
Now, write down these experiences on a piece of paper.
After you are done writing, reflect on the following questions mentioned below.
REFLECT UPON YOUR EXPERIENCES AND RESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
• What led to the door closing? What helped you open the new door? How long did it take you to realize that a new door was open?
• Was it easy or hard for you to realize that a new door was open? • What prevented you from seeing the new open door?
• What can you do next time to recognize the new opportunity sooner?
• What were the effects of the door closing on you? Did it last long?
• Did the experience bring anything positive? Which character strengths did you use in this exercise?
• What does a closed door represent to you now?
Coming from a highly pessimistic person like me, this activity worked like magic for me. ✨
Do write back and let me know how you felt after this exercise.
Looking to start therapy? Get One Free counselling session from a Psychologist and deal with stress, anxiety, depression and more at youremotionalwellbeing.Org